Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Accept No Imitations

Let's begin with an introduction.

Hello. My name is Stacey Miner. Elsewhere, throughout the unending far reaches of cyberspace, I am known by many other names. Most notoriously I am known as the pseudonym of Ehzoterik. This is a pen name, or handle, or alternate identity that I have claimed since January of 1999. Originally, and still, it was the first user name I ever created for the Internet Service Provider best known, America Online.

Alternatively, I am also known as the Nefarious SM, and before that, before I was married, I was the Infamous SJ. Easily, one can plainly see, those letters stand simply for my initials. What the J stands for should be obvious, but the name it represents is something I will leave you to discover another time.

Once upon a time, I was a Community Leader volunteer for the very same company mentioned above, AOL. Then, not only was I known as Ehzoterik, but also as Host Game Random and later Host Novl Reader. I obviously switched from moderating one community to another. Again, those are stories best reserved for later. Perhaps some day you'll get to know me better. My history is as great and long as I am winded. The one thing I am best known for is my uncanny ability to ramble my fool head off.

This is my first blogspot appearance. I am known more frequently to post alternatively on LiveJournal, under an account I've had for seven years! It should come as no small surprise that my user name on that service is also ehzoterik, and if you're ever feeling curious enough to take a look, here's a direct link to all those meandering thoughts: http://ehzoterik.livejournal.com/

My father once told me that I was writing stories since the moment I first learned to hold a pencil. He never did say I was writing them when I first learned to write. No. I remember clearly that he told me it was only when I first learned to hold a pencil. I never had to know how to form the words back then, but it was clear to them that I had a vivid imagination and loved to tell tales.

Later in life I of course finally did figure out how to write. I learned my letters and proper sentence structure and here I am today. I fancy myself a writer, but currently have nothing to show for it. I have never published anything, unless you actually count the one poem that poetry.com put into one of their anthologies. Only one that I know of for certain. Today I have nothing to support my claim of infamy, but perhaps some day I will.

Perhaps this is the beginning, the start. I think it's about time I do something with my talent, and I can only hope that this is where it will all begin. You never know, and neither do I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you from AOL and a group called Siege Mentality. "Ehzoterik" was still on my buddy list. I RPed with you once! Oh, and you spelled imitations wrong.

Unknown said...

Wow. This comment was left forever ago. See? This is how much I ever expected to update an account on blogspot! Six months later....